About this course
Preparing for IELTS significantly increases your chance of getting the score you need and as co-creators of IELTS, no one is better placed than we are to help. Our IELTS Preparation course is specially designed to optimise your test potential.
With just 12 participants on each course, you will get individual attention from your teacher and advice about how to approach each section of the test.
Why should I choose this British Council course?
Take an IELTS Preparation course and you will:
- get a qualified teacher who knows about IELTS
- learn about the test format and different question types using the latest IELTS preparation materials
- improve your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- develop effective test strategies
- practise doing sample IELTS tasks and get feedback on your performance.
Who is this course for?
The IELTS Preparation course is for students with an Intermediate level of English who need to get an overall IELTS band score in the range 5.5–6.5. With separate courses for the Academic and General modules, IELTS Preparation is designed for adult test candidates who are planning to study, live or work overseas.
If you are new to the British Council, you will need to take a placement test to find out whether you have the right level to do an IELTS Success course. Book a test by calling or by visiting our Amman teaching centre.
How will I be assessed?
There is no formal assessment on an IELTS Preparation course.
Instead, you will get one-to-one counselling and expert advice about how you can optimise your test performance.