Thank you for waiting, we are resuming our face-to-face classes for adults starting from 17 February 2021. Our students will be offered the option to study face to face or online.
We continue to develop our offer to ensure our students have a very fruitful and enjoyable learning experience.
Our health and safety precautions
Following Jordanian Ministry of Health guidance, all health precautions are in place to protect our students, teachers and staff.
- Physical distancing measures which must be adhered to – with staff, teachers and students always one and half metres apart.
- Self-declaration form: all students must sign a declaration form when they register for the courses.
- Students may not attend classes if: they are under a quarantine, self-quarantine, stay-at-home or medical surveillance order, as specified by the Jordanian Government OR if they have a high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty breathing or other flu-like symptoms.
- Temperature screening will be in place at the teaching venue
- All staff, teachers and students will be required to use face masks and wear gloves
- New hygiene protocols will be in place with sanitation stations in the teaching centre
- Teachers will familiarise students about health and safety practices during their first class.
- Placement testing for all courses will be carried out online.
- A maximum number of 12 students per class to ensure proper physical distancing.
- We designed activities to maximise the benefits of group working, while students maintain social distancing.
- Appointments to receive feedback from one of our academic advisers can be done over the phone through our customer services team.
- Classes could still be moved online if conditions change.
The health and safety of students, teachers and staff is our number one priority. Given the unprecedented nature of this pandemic, the British Council will continue to follow all directives made by the Jordanian Ministry of Health. Our precautions will be kept under review and we will remain vigilant to the latest changes.
Further updates will be provided as to when other classes - i.e. for kids and teens - might resume at the centre.