The Saïd Foundation awards fully-funded scholarships to outstanding individuals from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine looking to study for a master’s degree in the UK.
The Saïd Foundation has offered educational scholarships since 1984. Our scholarship programme aims to empower people through educational opportunities. It targets individuals who demonstrate the potential to become leaders and drivers of change within our target countries of Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine.
Scholarships are offered for one-year master’s degree courses at our UK partner universities.
Applications in all subject areas are considered, but candidates should demonstrate how their chosen course will help them contribute to the region's development.
Who can apply?
To be considered for a Saïd Foundation scholarship, candidates should:
- Hold Syrian, Jordanian, Lebanese or Palestinian nationality and be permanently resident in one of these countries. The Foundation will consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in the country.
- Hold an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK 2:1 or higher (or be in the final year of an undergraduate degree).
- Have work and/or voluntary experience relevant to their field of study and a clear career plan.
- Demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field.
Candidates must also:
- Apply for a course at one of the Foundation’s UK partner universities
- Meet the Foundation’s English language requirement
- Submit all required documentation
How to apply
Please visit the Saïd Foundation website, for more information and to apply online. Candidates will be asked to submit several supporting documents with their application, including educational transcripts/certificates, a CV and three recent references, so please read the guidance carefully before starting your application.
Applications open at 9:00am UK time on Friday 1 September 2023 and close at 5:00pm UK time on Tuesday 31 October 2023. For more information on how to apply visit this website.