The British Council is committed to protecting the health of our learners. At this time, due to the Covid-19 crisis, we are switching from face-to-face to phone consultations and are providing them for free.
Registering for an online course at the British Council is easy:
STEP 1 - BOOK A PHONE CONSULTATION
The phone consultation will assess your speaking skills, and it will be an opportunity to discuss your course options.
- Choose a suitable time and date for your consultation by clicking on the “Book now” button on this page.
- Your English level speaking consultation will take place over the phone
- The consultation is free
STEP 2 - COMPLETE A SHORT ONLINE LEVEL CHECK
Once you have booked a consultation, you will receive a unique link to the online level check.
- The online level check is a short quiz with 30 multiple-choice questions.
- You will have 30 minutes to complete it.
- Please complete the level check before your consultation appointment.
STEP 3 - JOIN CONSULTATION THROUGH THE PHONE
Our expert advisors will discuss your online level check results and find you a suitable course.
- The English level test will take between 10 and 20 minutes.
STEP 4 - REGISTER FOR A COURSE
After your consultation, you can register and pay for your chosen course.
- Details on how to pay online will be sent to you by the customer service team member by email.
- You must be 18 years old to be able to pay and register for the online courses for adults.
- The British Council accepts an email with proof of payment for the purpose of class enrolment. Registration will be cancelled within 5 days if the full registration fee is not received in our bank account.
If you need support with booking your phone consultation, please contact our English language teaching centre to reach a customer service representative on 06 460 3420
British Council will use the information that you are providing in connection with processing your registration. The legal basis for processing your information is agreement with our Terms and Conditions of registration.
British Council complies with data protection law in the UK and laws in other countries that meet internationally accepted standards.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you, and the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in that information. If you have concerns about how we have used your personal information, you also have the right to complain to a privacy regulator.
For detailed information, please refer to the privacy section of our website or contact your local British Council office. We will keep your information for a period of 7 years from the time of collection.