The British Council in Jordan offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online (and, where applicable, at our office in Amman). When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||160 JOD||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||160 JOD||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training) - paper-based or computer-delivered||170 JOD||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||139 JOD||Book now
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (Passport or Jordanian National ID card if you are applying for IELTS and Passport only if you are applying for UKVI and Life Skills) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- For IELTS for UKVI, you can apply online (above).
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer, Bank Name: Standard Chartered Bank, Bank Swift code: SCBLJOAX, Currency: JOD, IBAN: JO75SCBL1220000000001212723701, Account Holder: The British Council. In the Reference section of your payment please write: your application reference which starts with JO001- OR S-JO001-.
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt with the rest of your registration documents to email@example.com
- For any special requirements, you have to apply for the paper-based exam. For more details please contact the centre.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 days window before your main test day or one day after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.