In line with the Government's Defence Order No. 35, customers need to present a valid Jordanian vaccination certificate to access our premises and exam venues. Vaccination certificates issued outside of Jordan should be validated by the Jordanian Ministry of Health.
Book your exam online or at our office in Amman and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|IELTS Academic and General Training - on paper and computer||170 JOD||Book now|
|IELTS for UKVI (Academic and General Training) – on paper and computer||187 JOD||Book now|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||145 JOD||Book now|
What you need to book
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (Passport or Jordanian National ID card if you are applying for IELTS and Passport only if you are applying for UKVI and Life Skills) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- For IELTS for UKVI, you can apply online (above).
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer, Bank Name: Standard Chartered Bank, Bank Swift code: SCBLJOAX, Currency: JOD, IBAN: JO75SCBL1220000000001212723701, Account Holder: The British Council. In the Reference section of your payment please write: your application reference which starts with JO001- OR S-JO001-.
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt with the rest of your registration documents to email@example.com
- For any special requirements, you have to apply for the paper-based exam. For more details please contact the centre.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation course Road to IELTS Last Minute Version.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results.
Get ready with our free preparation materials
Choose from a wide range of free preparation materials to get the IELTS score you need. You can prepare on the go with our practice apps, videos and online lessons. You can also take our free practice tests for IELTS on paper and computer.