What is Inclusive Decisions for Equal and Accountable Society?
Inclusive Decisions for Equal and Accountable Society (IDEAS) is a European Union-funded project that aims to strengthen the role and capacity of disability-focused civil society organisations.
We work with local government, media and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to ensure that people with disabilities are better represented in the policy-making process and that their rights are understood, upheld and protected.
We run IDEAS in co-operation with I am a Human: Society for the Rights of People with Disabilities as local partners in Jordan, and the project is also being implemented in Lebanon, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia.
The project’s aims are:
- to engage citizens in local government’s decision-making process
- to improve public services and the accountability of municipalities
- to engage civil society organisations as a representative voice and dynamic advocate for people with disabilities
- to enable civil society organisations to work with local government
- to embed new ways of working and promote good practice
- to enable people with disabilities to participate actively in society.
How we will make a difference
To help us to engage with civil society organisations and local government and achieve our objectives, we plan to:
- hold capacity-building workshops and training sessions
- host regional roundtable meetings
- develop recommendation packages
- share project results
- plan and run regional pilot projects.
Leading by example
We have built specific measures into the IDEAS project to reflect our own corporate Equal Opportunities and Diversity policy. Our decision-making is also steered by people with disabilities.
We also plan to develop and review a disability assessment framework jointly with I am a Human: Society for the Rights of People with Disabilities. This will aim to provide effective project management, financial management and customer service for all participants in our activities.
Please send us a message if you would like further information.